Friday 17 May 2019

Well, that was a bit of an absence!

I've been away for a bit - like 3.5 years! But the next guitar project is finally getting underway, so I thought it would be good to document it for the benefit of anyone else that might stumble upon this resource.

Why the big absence? Well, life has intervened over the last few years with a whole myriad of distractions, including all of the usual life events but, most significantly, moving house and getting married! I've also carried on my "restoration" theme on other projects, with a brief diversion back into motorbikes, lots of DIY and restoring an old sailing dinghy....

... from this:

... to this:
 
This is Tally, a 60+ year old Heron class dinghy, and she is just about to return to the water. Based on the non-tidal section of the Dee at Chester, I'm looking forward to some gentle pottering and cruising on the Dee and possibly further afield at Bala or the Lake District.

The big project in terms of guitar work has been to build myself a workshop, so I now have somewhere to do woodworking projects, instead of balancing on a kitchen worktop!

Over the last year, I have been slowly been gathering a couple of worthy guitar projects to test my skills before launching into a build, the first of which has just started... read on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment